Samsung Galaxy S8 vsSamsung Galaxy S7 edge : 2017 vs 2016
The S8 doesn’t have any bezels.The home button is built into the screen so with that while the S7 Edge has thicker top and bottom bezels. Both the Phones have that shiny and Slippery smooth glass backing.
The introduction of ‘Infinity Display’ resulting in incredibly thin bezel made so many people this year to go for the new upgraded model.The Fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back of the phone.
You have an option of 32GB or 128GB of Internal storage on the S7 Edge, while the Galaxy S8 comes with a 64GB base storage as standard. Samsung also did offer the S8 with 128GB internal storage and 6GB Ram for short period of time.
The S7 Edge does come with plenty of colors from the Black, White, Gold, Silver, Pink Gold, Black Pearl, Coral Blue and the S8 only comes with Midnight black, Orchid Grey and Arctic Silver as of now.
- Galaxy S8 – 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display, 2960 x 1440 with 570 ppi pixel density and Protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Galaxy S7 Edge – 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels with 534 ppi pixel density and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4
The Galaxy S8 is also weighs only like 155 Grams only and The Galaxy S7 Edge will weigh around 157 Grams.
The S7 Edge offers a 2K Display which helps you to play high definition movies,browsing in such a big screen ,memorable Photos and also Play Graphic intensive Games with its powerful GPU and CPU.
The S8 offers Quad HD+ screen supporting the 18.5:9 aspect ratio just like some of the new LG Phones, Which will really help you with streaming Netflix, Youtube ,Vimeo and Other Video Platform channels. The S8 has HDR video which works on Amazon and Netflix.
The Galaxy S7 Edge can make it full day on a single charge with its 3600 mAh Battery.S7 Edge has also Samsung adaptive Charging. Though Galaxy S8 has smaller battery than the S7 edge ,It still performs almost the very similar way.
- Galaxy S8 (United States Model) – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core Processor (4x 2.35GHz and 4x 1.9GHz Kryo CPUs), Adreno 540 GPU, 4GB/6GB of RAM.
- Galaxy S8(Europe and Asia) – Exynos 8895 Processor(4x 2.3 GHz & 4x 1.7 GHz CPUs), ARM Mali-G71 MP20 GPU; 4GB/6GB of RAM.
- Galaxy S7 Edge (United States Model) – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 octa-core Processor ,Adreno 530 GPU, 4GB of RAM.
- Galaxy S7 Edge (Europe and Asia) – Exynos 8890 Processor, ARM Mali-T880 MP12 ,4GB of RAM.
Samsung’s new phones both run on the same Google’s latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. which is just the same the software we’ve seen on the Galaxy S7.
But there are few changes like the new pixel like launcher made for Samsung phones and most important feature is of the addition of Samsung’s custom Bixby Voice and Digital AI assistant.
Lets talk about Cameras Now
The S8 has a new 8-megapixel front camera , meanwhile S7 Edge’s 5-megapixel is little outdated.
Both the phones have the screen flash feature which helps with low light shots by Illuminating the display Bright.The 12 megapixel rear f/1.7 aperture shooter is not upgraded from The Samsung Galaxy s7 edge , It supports optical image stabilization (OIS) and 4K video recording also.
phones GALAXY S7 EDGE GALAXY S8 Screen 5.5-inches 5.8-inches Screen Quad HD Quad HD+ Fingerprint Yes Yes Iris scanner No Yes Water resistant Yes Yes Processor Snapdragon 820/Exynos 8990 Snapdragon 835/Exynos 8995 RAM 4GB 4GB ROM 32/128GB 64GB microSD Yes Yes Battery Size 3600mAh 3000mAh Rear camera 12MP f/1.7 12MP f/1.7